c) Schemes/Activities/Action Plan of the Department:
Andhra Pradesh Prisons and Correctional Services Department confines, manages and provides a safe, secure and humane environment to prisoners both under trial and convicted, by utilizing a trained professional Prison Force and providing them opportunities for re-integration in society as responsible and productive citizens and thus serve and protect the society.
Our vision is to provide a service of which the public can be proud and which will be regarded as a standard of excellence in the country.
3. Aims and Objectives:
• The mission of the Institute is build professional excellence and competence among all cadres of the department through training.
• To improves the knowledge, skills and mold the attitude of the employees to the required levels and the capacity building with in the organization
• And promotes other management skills besides developing good organizational culture in the department.
• Correctional personnel shall be given special training in Drill ( with Arms and without Arms), Physical Training, UAC (Unarmed Combat Course), Mob Dispersal, Baton Drill, Electronic Gadgets i.e., (DFMD, HMD), Communication (Walky-Talky), Yoga, Art of Living, Fire Fighting etc.
• To enable them to restrain aggressive prisoners by the means prescribed in the Rules and Regulations. Training process will reveal individual capabilities, Through such knowledge, the right person can be entrusted with the right job, which will ultimately lead to proper utilization of staff talents.
In seeking to realize our vision and meet our goals, we will adhere to the following values
1. Integrity is fundamental to everything we do: We will meet honesty and openness, and exercise effective stewardship of public money and assets.
2. Commitment by our staff and to our staff: Staff are the most important asset empowered to develop and use their skills and abilities to the full, while being held accountable for their performance. Teamwork will be encouraged. They will be treated with fairness, respect and openness. Their safety and well being will be a prime concern.
3. To train all the Prison Personnel to work in the Prisons and to reform the inmates.
4. Equality of Opportunity: we are committed to equality of opportunity and the elimination of discrimination on improper grounds.
5. Innovation and Improvement are essential to success of the service, requiring the acceptance of change and the delivery of continuing improvements in quality and efficiency.