Government Polytechnic, Gudur is situated in Tilak Nagar, Ceramic factory Road, West Gudur, Gudur. It was started in 1957 as a Mining Institute and later converted to Polytechnic by adding Diploma courses in Civil, Mechanical and Electrical and Ceramic Engineering in 1960’s. In 1980’s Ceramic Course was separated as Government Institute of Ceramic Technology and has been operating from adjacent campus. Now there are four courses offering three years Diploma in Civil, Electrical and Electronics, Mechanical and Mining in this Polytechnic.
It is a co-educational college with total student strength of 720 and staff strength of 103. This Institution has well established laboratories, workshops, attached hostel and good play ground.