a) PROFILE :
Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Department is the nodal agency in the State for providing drinking water and Sanitation facilities in rural areas. Drinking water facilities are being provided through various types of schemes such as hand pumps, PWS Schemes and CPWS Schemes.
- To provide every rural person with adequate safe water for drinking, cooking and other basic needs on sustainable basis
- Ensure that by 2022, every rural person is supplied 70 LPCD safe water within their household premises or at a horizontal or vertical distance not more than 50 meters from their household
CPWS Schemes :32 PWS/MPWS Schemes : 2821
Direct Pumping : 1201 Hand Pumps : 18914
Habitation Status (as per 55 LPCD):
- Fully Covered Habitations : 1678
- Partially Covered Habitations : 1414
- Quality affected habitations : 26
- Total Habitations : 3118
Program on hand:
- 198 SVS& 4 MVS schemes are on hand costing Rs.102.56Crores to cover about 296habitations.