The primary statutory function of the Director of State Audit, under the provisions of A.P. State Audit Act, 1989 (Act. NO. 9 of 1989) and rules framed there under, is to conduct audit for accounts of PRIs, urban local bodies and other institutions in the State.
The main functions of the Director are to :
- Conduct the audit yearly and issue the audit reports of the institution included in the Schedule to A.P. State Audit Act, 1989 and other institutes entrusted to this department by Government from time to time.
- Raise objections pointing out the irregularities such out flow of finances from the funds of institutions contrary to the provisions of the Acts governing the said institutions, financial rules, budget and other allied government orders and instructions issued from time to time.
- Report to Government regarding irregularities noticed in the audit.
- Settlement of audit objections and issue surcharge certificates wherever the financial loss could not be recovered.
- Maintain receipt and expenditure of PRI bodies
- Issue Pension Verification Certificates to retired employees up to the cadre of superintendents in PRIs, municipalities, and housing board, etc.
SERVICES RENDERED BY THE DEPARTMENT
The primary statutory function of the Director of State Audit, under the provisions of A.P. State Audit Act, 1989 (Act. No. 9 of 1989) and rules framed there under, is to conduct audit for accounts of PRIs, urban local bodies and other institutions in the State as shown below:
|NAME OF THE INSTITUTION||No.of Institutions|
|Zilla Grandhalaya Samastha||1|
|Agricultural Market Committees||11|
|DISTRICT MINERAL FUND||1|
|AIDED SCHOOLS & COLLEGES||128|
A) PRIMARY FUNCTIONS
- Conduct the Audit and Issue of Audit Report of the Institution yearly
- Raise the Objections wherever irregularities taken place
- Bringing to the immediate notice of higher authorities whenever serious irregularities are noticed.
- Settlement of audit objections
- Issue of Surcharge Certificates
- Maintenance of Receipt and Expenditure of the PRI bodies etc
- Maintenance of employee Statistics of PRI bodies etc.
- Preparation and submission Consolidated Audit and Review Audit Report for being placed on the table of Legislative Assembly.
B) OTHER FUNCTIONS:
- Issue of Pension Payment Orders on the lines of Accountant General, in respect of all retired Class IV employees of State Government, including Head Constables, Excise Constables and Forest Guards.
- Issue of PPOs to all employees of Khadi Board, provincialized Non-teaching staff working in Local Bodies, APREIS, and Social Welfare Residential Educational Institutions.
- Issue of Pension Verification Certificates to all retired employees up to the cadre of Superintendents in the P.R.Is & Municipalities, Housing Board etc.
- Authorization of bills of Group Insurance and Family Benefit Fund in respect of retired employees of Rural and Urban Local bodies (MandalParishads, Zilla Parishads, Gram Panchayats, Municipal Councils and Municipal Corporations).
C) SERVICES TO THE DEPARTMENT EMPLOYEES:
- Establishment matters pertaining to the Employees of this department..
- Recruitment to various categories of posts in the department by direct recruitment/Appointment by transfer and by promotion.
- Availament of various loans ( housing loan, education Advance, Festival Advance, GPF loan etc )
- Availament of various leaves
- Availament of various concessions and allowances ( LTC, TA,CEC, TTA etc )
- Submission of Confidential reports, Property Statements
- Obtaining of pay slips, GPF balances etc