District Coop. Officer in the cadre of Joint Registrar is the Head of the Department under the administrative control of the District Collector at district level. Divisional Coop. Officers in the cadre of Deputy Registrars of Coop. Societies are the heads at division level. The District Coop. Audit Officer in the cadre of Deputy Registrar looks after the audit of cooperative societies. Further, there is an Officer on Special Duty to dispose the Arbitration and Execution Petitions, etc. pertaining to S.P.S. Nellore District Coop. Central Bank Ltd., Nellore. To assist the Divisional Coop. Officers in erstwhile Taluk Headquarters, there are 9 Sub-Divisional Coop. Officers at Nellore, Rapur, Atmakur, Gudur, Sullurpeta, Venkatagiri, Kavali, Kovur and Udayagiri.
Present Cadre Strength of the Department : 135
Apart from the employees in the cadre strength, 2 Deputy Registrars, 2 Assistant Registrars, and 6 other employees of Coop. Department are working in D.W.M.A., M.E.P.M.A., Coop. Central Bank, Excise Dept., and I.T.D.A. under FR and FS terms, as Accounts Officers, Accountants and Sale Officers.
Important Functions of the Department:-
- Registration of Coop. Societies under APCS Act, 1964 and APMACS Act, 1995
- Conducting Elections to the Managing Committees of Coop. Societies
- Conducting Statutory Audit of Coop. Societies
- Conducting Statutory Enquiries and Inspections
- Follow up action on Misappropriation Cases
- Entertaining Arbitration Cases
- Disposal of Execution Petitions
- Liquidation of Coop. Societies
1. REGISTRATION OF COOPERATIVE SOCIETIES:-
As on date, there are 951 societies registered under APCS Act, 1964 and 2759 societies are registered under APMACS Act, 1995, totaling to 3710 Coop. Societies under various sectors in SPSR Nellore District as on31.03.2019.
2. ELECTIONS , AUDIT AND OTHER STATUTORY WORKS.,:-
The Cooperation Department will take up the conduct of Elections to Managing Committee of Coop. Societies and also conduct Audit of Accounts of Coop. Societies and issue Audit Certificates despite conducting statutory enquiries and Inspections of Cooperative societies as and when representations received or need arises to that effect.