c) Schemes / Activities / Action Plan
i. Economic Support Schemes with Bank Linkage:
As per the G.O.Ms.No.: 31 Tribal Welfare (TW.GCC) Dept, dt: 01.06.2015 guidelines were issued for implementation of schemes to Yanadi & Non Yanadis and as per the selections made by the mandal level committee vide GO.Ms.No.101 Social Welfare (SCP.I) Dept, dt: 31.12.2013 G.O.Ms.No.83 Tribal Welfare (GCC) Dept, dt:28.06.2016 at Mandal / Municipal level, eligible STs with the age group of 18 to 55 years will be sanctioned various livelihood and income generating activities with the subsidy component of Rs.90% of the unit cost or Rs.1.00 lakh whichever is less to the Yanadi community and Rs.60% of the unit cost or Rs.1.00 lakh subsidy to the Non Yanadis. During the year 2019-20, Managing Director, TRICOR, A.P.Vijayawada has approved the action plan to cover 1333 STs with financial outlay of Rs.1874.60 lakhs.
The basic objective of the schemes is to provide easy access to credit facility for the poor ST beneficiaries and educated un-employed STs at lesser rate of interest for establishment of self employment units and to identify entrepreneurial capabilities among ST youth and facilitate them to emerge as successful entrepreneurs in the society. Sanctions should be given to the PvTGs and other Vulnerable Groups selected by the District Level Committee constituted as per the G.O.Ms.No. 72 Tribal Welfare (TW.GCC) Dept, dt:06.06.2016 to the eligible age group of 18 to 45 Years with educational qualification of SSC pass or fail. Subsequently, subsidy amount of Rs.90% of the unit cost or Rs.1.00 lakh whichever is less to the PvTGs and 60% of the unit cost not exceeding Rs.1.00 lakh provided to the Group members.
iii. Providing agriculture service connections (Energisation):
Under this scheme, 100% subsidy will be sanctioned towards providing agriculture service connection to the borewells pertaining to the ST farmers upto Rs.1.00 lakh per service connection.
iv. Schemes through convergence with other Line Departments:
The schemes like Agriculture, Horticulture, Fisheries, and Animal Husbandry etc., wherever subsidy component of TRICOR in convergence with the respective Departmental subsidy. During 2019-20, action plan approved under SCA-TSS to cover 1135 STs with financial outlay of Rs.467.14 lakhs
v. Skill Development programmes:
With an intention to provide various skill development programmes to the un-employed ST youth in coordination with APSSDC and Pool Centers, one Youth Training Centre at Venkatachalam was established and functioning w.e.f. 04.04.2016 and providing various training programmes such as Retail Sector, Computer Hardware & Networking, Hospitality, General Duty attendant, Banking Sector and providing placements through the training partners to them and other Competitive Exams and also direct placements through Job Melas to the ST youth basing on the educational qualification prescribed by the respective companies with the age group of 18-30 years being provided.
vi. Admissions into Gurukulam Institutions:
- Admissions will be given to the ST candidates into Jr. Colleges on passing of public / supplementary exams as against the seats allotment.
- No entrance exams for admissions in Gurukulam Schools i.e. Somasila, Chittedu in 3rd class. These institutions are purely meant for PTG Yanadi as against the entry point. Seats are allotted as per reservation to SCs-12%, BCs-4% and OCs-2% in VI class.
- Admission in EMRS of Ozili & at C.S.Puram of Kodavalur in 6th class through entrance exams.
- All the backlog seats will be given to only ST candidates.
vii. Infrastructure facilities to ST Colonies
- Infrastructure facilities such as road connectivity, electrification to ST colonies, drinking water will be taken up by the line departments under TSP.
viii. Engineering works:
- Basing on the proposals received from DTWOs & Principals of Gurukulam institutions, maintenance of hostels & gurukulam institutions will be taken up by the Engineering Wing of Tribal Welfare Department.