a) DEPARTMENT PROFILE:
Atmakur Municipality was Constituted vide GO Ms No.31 dt:21.01.2012 by merging near by Gram Panchayat Venkata Raopalli and Nellorepalem and it came into existence from 27.01.2012.It is spreading over nearly 58.68 Sq.kmts AreaPopulation of the Municipality is 30556 (Male Population: 15286and Female Population: 15270).It is covered with 22 Slums and Slum population of the municipality is 12154Total Number of Wards : 23 Wards
- Public Health – Sanitation ,Solid Waste Management and Other Health Services
- Engineering – Maintenance of Water Supply, Street Lighting and all Civil Works
- Revenue & Accounts – Tax, Non-Tax, Assigned and other revenue collection and budgetary control
- Town Planning – Urban Infrastructural Development through ILUP and other allied services
- MEPMA – They look after Podhupulakshmi, bank linkage, Pavalavaddi and related women Activities
- There are 7970 Households in the Municipality. Door to Door Garbage is collected with the help of autos and tractors from nearly 1000 houses per day
- Collected garbage is segregated daily and separated into dry waste and wet waste the dry waste is sold regularly at weekly once.
- User charges are also collected from hotels hospitals chicken stalls and small vendors for lifting garbage and waste at night times.The total demand for month is Rs.16000 and it is being collected regularly from 26 House holders.
- Aerobic compost(Vermi compost) is started in atmakur municipality for every 1000 house holds in thickly populated areas and it is giving good results.
- Pakka and kacha drains are spreading upto 45 Kms length in the Municipality Area and these are being desilted regularly.
- All types of roads existed in the municipal area is 80 Kms.
- At Present there is 5 Acres of dumping Yard is available at Municipality Limits and it is proposed to acquire another 5 Acres of Land from Revenue Department
COMPREHENSIVE NOTE ON DRINKING WATER SUPPLY
Present Water supply –Salient Feature
- Total water Supply : 2.20 MLD
- Present Population : 30523
- Per-capita Supply : 30 LPCD
Source of Water supply
Number of infiltration Wells at
- Head works Penna River : 2 No
- Number of GLSRs : 8 No
- Number of OHSRS :10 No
- Number of Power Bores : 13 No
- Number of Hand Bores(Deep Bores) :151 No
- Number of HSC’s :2940 No
- Atmakur Municipality was constituted on 21.01.2012 and came into existence from 27.01.2012
- Govt have Sanctioned 34 new posts vide G.O.MS.No.125, and G.O.MS No.168 by the Finance Department.
- The Following Staff are working:-
- Municipal Commissioner – 1 Regular
- Municipal Asst .Engineer – 1 Regular
- Municipal Assistant Engineer (E) – 1 Regular
- T.P.O – 1 Regular
- Manager – 1 Regular
- Senior Assistant – 3 Regular
- Junior Assistant – 3 Regular
- Junior Accounts Officer – 1 Regular
- Senior Accountant – 1 Regular
- Junior Accountant – 1 Regular
- Bill Collector – 1 Regular
- Public Health Sweeper – 2 Regular
- Public Health Drain Cleaner – 1 Regular
The following staff and workers working on Regular and out sourcing basis and their salaries and wages are drawn and paid from Municipal general Funds.
- Permanent Staff – 18
- Part time workers – 8
- Out Sourcing Workers – 97
- Total – 123