a) DEPARTMENT PROFILE:
Under the Department of Employment and Training, Andhra Pradesh, The District Employment Exchange (DEE), S.P.S.R.Nellore District headquarters in Nellore functions under the headship of the District Employment Officer, who is the Drawing and Disbursing authority.
All the Employment Exchange transactions are totally computerized and all types of services to the unemployed are being rendered only through the computers.
The main programmes of the District Employment Exchange are :
- Providing employment assistance to the Unemployed youth ie., Registration ( Below SSC to Degree/B.Ed.), Renewal,
Maintanance/updating of records.
- Providing assistance to the employers in recruitment process ie, sponsoring of candidates.
- Providing occupational and education information to the students and job seekers.
- Organize the following events , free of cost for the benefit of students and young employed:
- CareerTalks on the desired topic;
- Career Conferences/Career Exhibition the desired themes;
- Self Employment guidance and assistance programmes;
Providing individual counseling to over come problems about :
- Choice of career ;
- Preparation for desired career;
- Entry into a career.
- Collection and Compilation of Employment Market Information Statistics.
- Publication of Annual and Quarterly Employment Market Reports highlighting employment and unemployment trends.
- Conducting inspections for the observation of mandatory provisions and regulations framed under Employment Exchanges (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies ) Act, 1959 and its better implementation.