The Factories Department works for
- Safety of public residing in the vicinity of Major Accident Prone/Hazardous Factories.
- Safety of the plant, machinery and material in Factories.
Legislation being implemented:
- The Factories Act, 1948 and Andhra Pradesh Factories Rules
- The Payment of Wages Act, 1936 and Andhra Pradesh Payment of Wages Rules (in respect of Factories)
- The Maternity Benefit Act, 1961 and Rules (in respect of Factories)
- Manufacture, Storage and Import of Hazardous Chemicals Rules–1989 (in respect of Factories)
- Chemical Accidents (Emergency Planning, Preparedness and Response) Rules 1996