a) DEPARTMENT PROFILE :
The Labour Department was originally only enforcement Department. Now turned to Labour Welfare Department. Its activities have been welfare of workers in shops & Establishments, Factories, Transport and others etc., such as implementation of Welfare Schemes, Compensation to deceased employee and injured employees, Payment of Wages, Payment of bonus, Minimum Wages workers etc., Below Acts being implemented by Labour Department on following G.O.Ms.No.33 and Ease of doing business (EODB) guidelines only doing inspections of given as per inspection portal. No Sunday holiday visits and night visits under A.P.Shops and Establishments Act 1986 as per instructions of Commissioner of Labour, A.P. Vijayawada.
- Payment of Wages Act,1936
- Minimum Wages Act, 1948
- Working Journalists (CMP) Act, 1955
- Maternity Benefit Act, 1961
- Motor Transport Workers Act, 1961
- Payment of Bonus Act, 1965
- Beedi & Cigar Workers (CEO) Act, 1966
- Contract labour (R&A) Act, 1970
- Payment of Grauatity Act, 1972
- The A.P.Factories & Estts.(NF & OH)Act,1974
- Equal Remuneration Act,1976
- Sales Promotion Employees(COS)Act, 1976
- Inter State Migrant Workmen (RE &CS) Act, 1979
- Child Labour (P&R)Act,1986
- A.P.Labour Welfare Fund Act, 1987
- A.P.Shops & Establishment Act, 1988
- Building & Other Construction Wokers (RE & CS)Act, 1996.
1. Legal Services
Quasi-Judicial Authority Courts will be conducted at the level of Asst.Commissioner of Labour, Nellore and Gudur.
The Deputy Commissioner of Labour is a designated conciliation officer under I.D.Act and Authority Court Appllant at the District Level. All Authority Courts conduct under Minimum Wages Act, Payment of Wages Act, W.C.Act and above all